My first MSA race, aka The One where I flipped the kart (again)

HEAT 1} Heat 1 was very annoying for me as the choke on my kart was only half way in which meant when I was  going round the circuit I was going very, very, very slow and in the end I finished 23rd out of 24 racers 😒. Also in that race because there was no qualifying all novice drivers had to automatically start at the back so I don't think I gained any places but I don't think I lost any.



HEAT 2} Heat 2 was a great race because just before the race instead of putting slicks on we decided to stick with the intermediate tyres and that was a good call. Racing into the first corner I overtook 3 people and then that was where the fun began. First it started to rain and while there were only around 3 drivers {including me} had the inters on everyone with slicks on were either skidding off the track or I was just breezing past them and on one of the corners I even did a TRIPLE overtake!!! In the end of that heat I ended up finishing an incredible 7th place out of 24.



HEAT 3} Heat 3 Was one of those races where it feels like you've been in your kart for an hour even though you're still on the first flipping lap. Going into the third corner I'd already overtaken 3 people and I was looking for possibly a top 10 finish but knowing my luck it was obvious it was going to happen and I clipped the back of the kart in front of mine's back bumper - that caused me to go into a small spin that cost me around 15 second on the pack I was in so there I was racing on my own trying to catch up to the other drivers that was almost impossible while in the middle of nowhere. I did manage to overtake 2 of the slower drivers that I just breezed past and in that race I think I finished  21 out of 24. 


THE FINAL} In this race I had another fantastic start overtaking around 3 people and then I approached the next corner....... Sadly for me there was a crash right in front of me and with no-time to react the other drivers kart has spun into me that then made me get chucked out of my go kart for the second time in 2 weeks. The kart went in to a spin along with me and I ended up crash landing into the ground AGAIN!!! I should have my own show called 'Danny takes to the sky' or something!!! Luckily I was un-harmed but the kart the opposite  - the side-pod was all dented in and the rear axle was bent AGAIN and this time worse than before. Sadly I was unable to race the final due to the damage on the kart 😡😡😡.


At the end of the day I feel I raced well {apart from the crashes}and I'm happy with my racing but I'm still annoyed at the other drivers for crashing me out.

PS. Sonny just threw a mini car at my shin and that hurt more than when I fell out of my kart. 

Comments

  1. Well done on the 7th place! That's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such interesting reading, well written. I am looking forward to future episode.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My first Kart

Taking the ARKS test